Hello, I am a Counsellor and Psychotherapist in Strathaven, looking for an accountant.

My husband has Parkinson’s, so I had to switch from employee to self employed status 2 years ago so as to be near at hand.

I did my own tax and accounts and it was relatively simple: as there were no employees and I was working from home. However, my husband’s health deteriorated rapidly and I informed HMRC that I had to cease trading last September. Fortunately, Social Services have agreed an excellent package of care which will enable me to work again from March.

I am looking for an accountant to help me set up properly under a new company name, as a Sole Trader. To advise whether I need to register as a company (as it’s just me) and if so, to do company accounts and my tax return.

I am very organised, keep weekly accounts on a spreadsheet and all records of income and expenditure. So you won’t get a biscuit tin of receipts!
Do you have availability and, if so, would it be possible to get a rough quote for this service please? I would like to use an accountant in Strathaven.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards